Recognition for achievement benefits everyone. The IARFC seeks out those leaders whose dedication and commitment have made their Association great. Members are publicly appreciated for their long time membership and their importance to the financial community. Recognition for achievement benefits everyone. The IARFC seeks out those leaders whose dedication and commitment have made their Association great. Members are publicly appreciated for their long time membership and their importance to the financial community.
Generally regarded as the “Father of Financial Planning”, Loren Dunton organized financial professionals in the late sixties and with their help created the financial planning movement. Dunton developed associations, magazines, colleges, university programs and foundations. He used his experiences to frankly explain what all financial advisors now recognize - that the ethical sales of financial products and the delivery of competent advice is a noble calling. Loren Dunton was a man of vision who cared deeply about both financial consultants and consumers. The Loren Dunton Memorial Award was first conferred in 2000 at the IARFC Financial Advisors Forum. The selection committee has strived to honor consultants who have demonstrated effectiveness in carrying the message of responsible financial stewardship to the public, and have high ethical and professional standards.
Loren Dunton Memorial Award Criteria
- Must hold a professional designation (i.e. ChFC, CFP, CLU, MRFC, RFC®, CPA/PFS, CEBS, MSFM, MSFS, or Doctoral degree, etc.)
- Must have been published on financial topics (articles, journals, books, etc.)
- Must have provided outstanding service or leadership in the financial services industry.
- Must have promoted or participated in some aspect of financial education, either to the public or to members of the profession.
- Must have demonstrated effectiveness in carrying the message of responsible financial stewardship to the public.
- Must have high ethical and professional standards subscribing and adhering to his or her professional Associations’ membership Code of Ethics, and/or have a sound record of business integrity with no suspension or revocation of any professional license.
2017 Recipient - Ric EdelmanThe IARFC announces Ric Edelman, RFC® of Edelman Financial Services as the 2017 recipient of the Loren Dunton Memorial Award. This award honors a person who has made a substantial contribution to the financial services profession and/or the financial interest of the public.
Past Recipients2017 Ric Edelman
2016 Jerry Mason
2015 Jon Rogers
2014 Lester Anderson
2014 Kai Yuan Tu
2010 H. Stephen Bailey
2010 Richard Wu
2009 Jack Gargan
2009 Teresa So
2008 Choo Siak Leong
2008 Mehdi Fakarzadeh
2007 Ralph Liew
2007 John P. Walsh
2006 Bill E. Carter
2006 Samuel Yung
2005 Jeffrey Chiew
2005 Edwin P. Morrow II
2004 Vernon D. Gwynne
2004 Liang Tien Lung
2003 Alexandra Armstrong
2002 John B. Keeble
2001 Donald Ray Haas
2000 Ben Baldwin
This Award is made in honor of the founder of the IARFC, John J. Gargan. It is presented to persons who have delivered significant service to the operation and growth of the International Association of Registered Financial Consultants.
Founder’s Award Criteria
- Past or present Board Director, Officer or Committee Member
- Professional designation or credential holder awarded by the IARFC
- Clean regulatory record
- Member of good standing for a minimum of 5 years
- Adhere to the IARFC Code of Ethics
- Most importantly, they must have contributed to the growth of the IARFC membership by referring members and by holding or attending events that additionally help expand (above and beyond) the visibility of the Association.
2017 Recipient - Rosilyn OvertonWe are proud to recognize Dr. Rosilyn Overton, Ph.D., CRPS, LTCP, CFP®, RFC® of Mid-Atlantic Securities, Inc. in Great Neck, NY with their Association Founder’s Award. In honor of the IARFC Founder John J. Gargan, this tribute is presented to members who have delivered significant service to the operations and growth of the International Association of Registered Financial Consultants.
Members Award Program
Membership Award for Dedication to Association Advancement
First Place Michael D. Piershale, RFC®
Second Place, Christopher Dantin, RFC®