Recognition for achievement benefits everyone. The IARFC seeks out those leaders whose dedication and commitment have made their Association great. Members are publicly appreciated for their long-time membership and their importance to the financial community. These awards are presented on an annual basis.
Generally regarded as the “Father of Financial Planning”, Loren Dunton organized financial professionals in the late sixties and with their help created the financial planning movement. Dunton developed associations, magazines, colleges, university programs, and foundations. He used his experiences to frankly explain what all financial advisors now recognize - that the ethical sales of financial products and the delivery of competent advice is a noble calling. Loren Dunton was a man of vision who cared deeply about both financial consultants and consumers. The Loren Dunton Lifetime Achievement Award was first conferred in 2000 at the IARFC Financial Advisors Forum. The selection committee has strived to honor consultants who have demonstrated effectiveness in carrying the message of responsible financial stewardship to the public and have high ethical and professional standards.
Loren Dunton Lifetime Achievement Award Criteria
Those who are considered for the Award must currently meet or have met the following criteria:
- Hold a professional designation or credential (i.e. RFC®, MRFC®, ChFC®, CFP®, CLU®, CPA/PFS, CEBS, MSFM, MSFS, or Doctoral degree, etc.)
- Published articles, journals, books, etc. on financial topics
- Provided outstanding service or leadership in the financial services industry
- Promoted or participated in financial education, either to the public or to members of the profession
- Demonstrated effectiveness in carrying the message of responsible financial stewardship to the public
- Adhered to the IARFC’s Code of Ethics and have a sound record of business integrity with no suspension or revocation of any professional license
This award is made in honor of the founder of the IARFC, John J. Gargan. It is presented to persons who have delivered significant service to the operation and growth of the International Association of Registered Financial Consultants.
- Past or present Board Director, Officer, or Committee Member
- Professional designation or credential holder awarded by the IARFC
- Clean regulatory record
- Member of good standing for a minimum of 5 years
- Adhere to the IARFC Code of Ethics
- Most importantly, they must have contributed to the growth of the IARFC membership by referring members and by holding or attending events that additionally help expand (above and beyond) the visibility of the Association.
The Ambassador Award is bestowed to those persons who endeavor to represent their Chapter in carrying out the mission of the International Association of Registered Financial Consultants. Each IARFC Chapter may award up to 3 Awards annually.
Ambassador Award Criteria
- IARFC Member with more than 3 years of membership
- Adherence to the IARFC’s Code of Ethics, and have a sound record of business integrity with no suspension or revocation of any professional license
- Successfully supported the goals of the Association and has served with extraordinary efforts of time, service, and dedication
Ambassador Award Committee
Chair: Jon M. Rogers, Ph.D., MRFC®
Member Award for Dedication to Association Advancement
Presented annually in appreciation to top IARFC members who have brought the most newly qualified professional consultants that join the ranks of the Association.
Mary Ann Redmond, MRFC®
Michelle Blair, RFC®
Award Winners (Dunton, Founder’s, Ambassador, First Place Member) will receive the following:
One (1) free registration to the IARFC Annual Meeting/Conference
One (1) round trip coach airfare (maximum $500) to Annual the l Meeting/Conference during the event dates. (US Chapter Only)
One (1) night of lodging during the Annual Meeting/Conference
(subject to change)