Trademark Usage Guidelines
The use of the registered (®) items below should always be in context and use media consistency when demonstrating professional designations or credential, including but not limited to: office signage, resumes, websites, business cards, presentations, social media postings, introductions, and electronic signatures. These registered items may not be used to endorse any product, service, company, product or brand name.
The registered mark ® is mandatory with the first instance of a phrase or acronym on a page, but is not necessary every time afterwards except when used as a designation or credential after the consultant’s name. Example: John Smith, RFC®. Exceptions: Even though the registered mark ® is required or recommended, in some instances software does not accept the ® character or superscript style.
• The Association reference must be in all capital letters.
• The registered mark ® must be located after the Association reference in superscript.
• Sample IARFC logos can be downloaded from the webstore - Click here.
If the logo above is used, the trademark or Globe may not be altered in any manner, including but not limited to, color or font of the trademark or adding or removing any element(s) from the trademarks and/or globe design.
• The registered mark ® must be used after the letters in a designation.
• The designation must be in all capital letters.
• The registered mark ® must be located after the designation in superscript.
• The mark must be associated with an individual who is a current registered member and in good standing.
Registered Financial Associate®, Registered Financial Consultant®
• The name may be in upper case, or a combination of upper and lower case letters but must always be capitalized.
• The use of the registered mark ® is mandatory with the first instance of the phrase on a page, but is not necessary for every use afterward.
• The registered mark ® must be used after the letters.
• The credential must be in all capital letters.
• The registered mark ® must be located after the credential in superscript.
• The mark must be associated with an individual who has been granted the credential and appropriately maintains the certification.
Properly Display Designation or Credential
Below are examples of how to properly display a designation or credential following a certificants name:
Policies and Procedures
The use of the IARFC®, RFA®, RFC®, or MRFC® trademark is in accordance with the IARFC and MRFC’s Policies and Procedures and cannot be used in a misleading or fraudulent manner.
Trademark Ownership Notice
Whenever possible the trademark ownership notice below should be included in marketing materials.
The IARFC owns the Globe trademark and the registered marks, IARFC®, RFA®, RFC®, MRFC®, Registered Financial Associate®, and Registered Financial Consultant® which are registered with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
To report the misuse of the above registered items, please contact the IARFC® office.
Obtaining the Register Mark ®
On the keyboard
• Press CTRL+ALT+R at the same time
• INSERT/SYMBOL from toolbar and selecting the registered trademark symbol
• Parenthesis, Shift R, Close Parenthesis (R)
• Hold ALT key and type 0174 (Windows)
• Hold OPTION key and press R (Mac)