Privacy for IARFC® members is critical. The Association has developed this policy in order that the members understand how their personal/private information is collected, used communicated and disclosed.
The IARFC is committed to conducting Association business in accordance with the following principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal/private information is protected and maintained:
- Before or at the time of collecting personal/private information, the Association will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- Personal/private information is collected and used solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by the Association and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- Personal/private information about Members or former Members is not disclosed to any party, except as may be required by law or authorized by prior written consent. Members do disclose public information in the form of their individual profile and that information is available to all on the IARFC website, www.iarfc.org. Should anyone inquire, they will first be sent to the website. Public information shown there may be provided verbally as well.
- Personal/private of members or former members is not shared or sold.
- Personal/private information is retained as long as necessary for the fulfilment of those purposes.
- Personal/private information is collected by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal/private information should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- Personal/private information is protected by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, or modification.
- Information about the IARFC’s policies and procedures relating to the management of personal/private information is readily available.